Yesterday was Brianne's big three-O birthday... am I old enough to have a 30 year old? Um... I'm old enough to have two in their 30's... and I do.
I celebrated with me and my gals.
First we kidnapped Brianne.
We took her... and all of us.... she couldn't go alone.... to get a massage.
Then home for showers and a light lunch... or healthy lunch, it actually wasn't so light.
Then on to pedicures... pretty little tootsies are important!
After which, we had an early dinner at P.F. Chang's... where my fortune cookie told me "not to worry about money today because the best things in life are free!" I took that as good advice.
We had a little dish of froyo and then on to the very best part of the day:
The Sound of Music.... Sing Along!!!!
I didn't even know such a thing existed! SO. MUCH. FUN. SERIOUSLY!!!
I'm still singing all those wonderful songs!
One more thing.... you knew that couldn't be all, didn't you?
My mother would have LOVED that last night.
When I was 8 yrs old The Sound of Music came to the big screen. My mom was excited to see it, and for all of us to be able to see it! We didn't have the money to go to shows but my mom was resourceful... oh ya... she was! We gave up our Sunday roast dinners and ate cracked wheat cereal from our food storage until we had enough money for us to go see it! It was worth every missed bite of her wonderful roast beef and mashed potatoes.... let me just tell you, NOBODY made roast beef like my mother! It was sold out the first time we went. :( We didn't give up, we persisted until we finally got to see it! We sang those wonderful songs from The Sound of Music around our house... and I never got tired of them!
You know, I didn't think I needed them to actually put the words up on the screen... for me anyway.... some of the people around me... ahem... needed them though, except the part at the abbey when the nuns sing in Latin.... I didn't even know they were actually singing words until last night.... and we all laughed when the words came up because no one could even read them, nonetheless sing them.
Krista said it best last night, "Thanks for being born Brianne!"
PS- Did you see how clever I am? With all the musicals?... okay, ONE of them wasn't a musical... give me a break. It was still pretty clever.











8 comments:
That was the best 30th birthday ever! Not only did I get to have a day of terrific activities I got to spend the day with my favorite girls! Thanks so so much for making my birthday so special!
i pretty much hate it when my invitation to these fun things keeps getting lost in the mail....
p.s. VERY cute pic of Brianne in this post... :)
My birthday is in February. Maybe I could get down there and have a fun day like that with you and your girls too. I bet they won't be having the Sound of Music sing a long in February though, huh? Well, sounds like you gave Brianne a special birthday gift. Wish I could have been there to help celebrate!
Happy Happy Birthday to Brianne... How awesome you all are to make it even more special.... What a great day.
It sure was a fun day! Now I kind of wish I went to the movie with you guys! :)
I LOVE IT!!!!! What a party! I want to find out where to go to see the Sound of Music Sing-A-long! What a beautiful family you are! The Hills AND the Weathersbys are ALIVE!!!! :) With the sound of Music!... with songs they have sung for a thousand (or at least 30) years. This post fills my heart with the sound of music... and I'll sing... once... more! I LOVE IT! :)
I don't know what is cooler, that your blog rocks or the fact that you used "7 Brides for 7 Brothers" to describe kidnapping Brianne! I love it! So cute!!!
This seriously was one of the FUNNEST days!! LOVED IT!! I HEART SING ALONG MOVIES!!! hehe!! Happy Birthday Brianne!!!
Post a Comment